Which kernel tree

Stephen Williams 612dlag102 at sneakemail.com
Fri Feb 6 14:01:08 EST 2004

I've got u-boot working on my custom board, so now it's getting
time to build a working kernel for my system-to-be.

I have a PPC405GPr. I'll be writing drivers for the SystemACE
and custom chips on the board, but I might as well do that work
on a kernel that I'll be able to use for a while. So that begs
the question, which kernel tree should I be following?

There's the one at denx, that seems to be 2.4.4 from over
a year ago, or there are the kernels at www.kernel.org,
that may not have the up to date parts, or there's the
bkbits.net bitkeeper tree.

http://www.icarus.com         and lines to code before I sleep,