gcc for ppc/predefined macros

Stefan Nickl Stefan.Nickl at kontron.com
Thu Feb 5 20:22:34 EST 2004

> I belive the problem is that you did not compile your cross-compiler
> correctly:
> $ ppc_7xx-cpp -dM /tmp/foo.h  | grep pc
> #define __powerpc__ 1
> #define __powerpc 1
> #define powerpc 1
>
> Make sure you do --target=powerpc-foo-linux when configuring gcc.

Well, I have --target=powerpc-unknown-eabi, because I thought
-linux is only needed for a full compiler with libc and all that.

But you are probably right, the process for a cross-compiler
described on penguinppc.org also has --target=powerpc-linux.
Anyhow, except for this #define, the kernel compiled with the
--target=powerpc-unknown-eabi gcc seems to work fine...

--
Stefan Nickl
Project Engineering