ppc405 and PCI bus state

Brian S. Park brian at corelis.com
Thu Feb 5 12:13:26 EST 2004

Hi all,
I have questions about internal PCI bus controller of ppc405gp process.
Our custom board currently does not use the PCI and want it to be in a
parked state. According to the data sheet, ppc405gp needs pull up resisters
if the PCI controller on the processor is not parked in proper state.

Does linux automatically put it in a park state if PCI supported is not
configured?
If not, what do I have to do to park it?

We like to avoid putting on large number of pull up resister if possible.

Thank you.

Brian S. Park  brian at corelis.com  (562) 926-6727 x132
Everything we do helps our customers get to market
FASTER with HIGHER quality and LOWER cost