ppcboot boot-up question

VanBaren, Gerald (AGRE) Gerald.VanBaren at smiths-aerospace.com
Tue Feb 3 08:48:59 EST 2004

You probably need the serial handshake lines properly terminated, or hardware handshaking disabled, so that your boot process isn't waiting for the handshake lines to go active.  For a test, make a DB-9 (or whatever) with RTS connected to CTS and DSR connected to DTR and DCD.  Plug this into your board and I suspect it will boot fine.

The "AT S7=45 S0=0 L1 V1 X4 &c1 E1 Q0" is minicom trying to initialize your modem (which obviously doesn't exist).  This can be ignored, but a better solution is to switch to ckermit (as Wolfgang would strongly recommend ;-) or change your minicom default initialization by deleting all the modem initialization strings.

gvb