MPC5200 LOWBOOT problem

Tord Andersson tordson at algonet.se
Tue Feb 3 07:20:52 EST 2004

Wolfgang,

I have seen a remark on problems with the MPC5200 LOWBOOT configuaration in the linuxppc-embedded list:

>DDR: OK (use icecube_5200_DDR configuration in U-Boot); the LOWBOOT
>     option is not working yet (we are working on this)

I have serached the PPC and U-Boot lists but have not been able to find more info.
What effect does the LOWBOOT problem have? Page allocation error during kernel startup or something else?
Any additional information would be very helpful.

Kind regards,

Tord Andersson