eth0 memory sqeeze

sun-zj sun-zj at tdk-tech.com
Sun Feb 1 18:17:15 EST 2004

Hi, denk:
I am using the Linux On MPC860T as your instructions. Now I want to do a
performance test
of PPC with linux. Our board is FADS and MPC860T.
I use the kernel from denx website(2.4.4). the test
program is iperf.
When I use the iperf on PPC+linux as server, I start the iperf on PC as
client. I choose the options -n 300M -P 120 which mean I want to open 120
threads each one open a TCP connection and each preparing to send 300MB
data. On PPC+linux I get the  following output.
"eth0: Memory squeeze,dropping packet"
"__alloc_pages: 0-order allocation failed (gfp=0x20/0)
I guess that the data to be processed exceeds the capabilities of PPC+linux.
I wonder whether this could be solved by Linux ???
Thanks a lot for your kind help
Best Regards.

Zongjun Sun