SMC/SCC uart problem with MPC852T

Dan Malek dan at embeddededge.com
Fri Dec 31 02:30:46 EST 2004

On Dec 30, 2004, at 6:46 AM, David Jander wrote:

> I have been searching for a way to do the BRG routing to SCC3 and SCC4
> on the
> MPC852T, so that BGR3 is routed to SCC3 and SMC1 and BRG4 to SCC4. I
> could
> not find anything in the kernel (CVS linux_2_4_devel from DENX) to do
> this.

There isn't anything exactly to do this.  If you get the linuxppc-2.4
from BK,
there is an updated uart.c driver that will help with this.  All of the
BRG
management is handled by a single function, and you can modify this
accordingly to meet your requirements.

> Searching on Google I was able to find these boot-messages from
> someone using
> an MPC852T:

Must have been a locally customized driver.

	-- Dan