simple bootloader 2.6.10-rc3 8xx

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Dec 29 04:48:50 EST 2004

In message <313680C9A886D511A06000204840E1CF0A647421 at whq-msgusr-02.pit.comms.marconi.com> you wrote:

> I guess I need some more education - since I am getting my problem right at
> the boot - is
> I-Cache enabled (by default ?) for 8xx on 2.6 at the booting ? - I do not

They get turned on very early.

> see anything in .config
> which controls it (or I am missing it there ?)

No. This is not configurable.

> How (where and at what point during the boot)-) I could disable I-Cache ?

Search for IC_CST in "arch/ppc/kernel/head_8xx.S"

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by  at  least
one instruction - from which, by induction, one can deduce that every
program can be reduced to one instruction which doesn't work.