simple bootloader 2.6.10-rc3 8xx

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Dec 28 20:13:26 EST 2004

In message <41D0D368.3080702 at conspiracy.net> Paul Bilke wrote:

> If you are running a duet variant (870,880,885) there is a CPU errata
> which was the cause in my case.
> I hired Wolfgang to implement the suggested work around and I believe he
> has put the necessary code into his 2.4 tree already.

Yes, the CPU15 workaround code is in the linuxppc_2_4_devel  tree  on
our CVS server:

---------------------
PatchSet 295
Date: 2004/08/25 16:16:30
Author: wd
Branch: HEAD
Tag: (none)
Log:
Implement work-around for CPU15 Silicon Errata on MPC8xx processors.

Members:
        arch/ppc/8xx_io/Config.in:1.8->1.9
        arch/ppc/kernel/head_8xx.S:1.6->1.7
        include/linux/sysctl.h:1.8->1.9
        kernel/sysctl.c:1.8->1.9

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Real computer scientists despise the idea of actual  hardware.  Hard-
ware has limitations, software doesn't. It's a real shame that Turing
machines are so poor at I/O.