2.6.10-rc3 for 8xx with I2C config enabled still fails ...

Tom Rini trini at kernel.crashing.org
Sat Dec 18 03:38:37 EST 2004

On Fri, Dec 17, 2004 at 11:30:53AM -0500, Povolotsky, Alexander wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Even so much "touted" ;-) 2.6.10-rc3 FAILS for 8xx with I2C config enabled
> ... and our custom MPC885 based board is using a single 24C02 type I2C
> EEPROM, connected to the I2C bus ...
>
> Does anyone of you has any input/experience about 2.6.10-rc3 functionality
> (this all relates to our card) of:
> SPI, HDLC, Entropia, Legerity, watchdog, NAND flash support,
> MTD with JFFS2 filesystem support and flash compatibility ??? (Any info will
> be much appreciated !)

So, your best bet to get 8xx I2C working is to grab the 'latest' from a
2.4 tree that has it working, and move it up.  In doing so, you may want
to kill 'i2c-rpx' and merge it all into the i2c-algo-8xx file.

[snip]
> CONFIG_8xx=y
CONFIG_BROKEN=y
as well.  Not that it's directly relevant (the 8xx breakage is in
something else), but..

--
Tom Rini
http://gate.crashing.org/~trini/