Lite5200 and PCI1520

Zeitler, Nathan nzeitler at osii.com
Tue Dec 14 11:06:29 EST 2004

Hello Andrew,

>Nathan,
>I posted a question on cardbus with the 5200 a few weeks ago but got no
reply. I think the reason is that
>cardbus / pcmcia support may not have been considered when the 5200 PCI
memory map was laid out, but I >would love to be contradicted!

This would certainly help explain some of the pain in getting it to
work.  :-/

>Which kernel are you using?

I'm using the 2.4.25 kernel from Denx also.  The version I have is a
couple months old (trying to keep from changing too many things at once!
:-)  ),but I have also tried the top-of-CVS version to no avail.  My
ELDK version is old, as explained earlier, but I'm taking steps to
change that.

>I also have a few outstanding issues that I haven't resolved yet, hence
I haven't posted a full patch, but I can
>now load and configure a wireless ethernet card. Loading cardbus
drivers currently fails when accessing PCI >configuration space on the
cardbus bus, and I haven't sorted this out yet.

It sounds like we're working towards the same end!  I would like to
assist in some way if possible.  I am willing to believe that remapping
the PCI bus is a possible approach, although I'd like to hear the
opinion of others as well.  Where in UBOOT did you change the PCI bus
mappings?