AW: video card for Lite5200

Martin Krause Martin.Krause at tqs.de
Sat Dec 11 00:48:02 EST 2004

Hi Clemens,

Clemens Koller wrotes on Freitag, 10. Dezember 2004 11:35:
> I use a Silicon Motion Inc. SM501 Voyager GX PCI Demo Board right now
> which is supposed to work with all the embedded systems. You can get
> that board for about EUR 495.- in Germany.
> I am currently working on the framebuffer drivers for the Voyager on
> PPC. Things seem to make good progress, here (there is an image on
> screen :-).

From the silicon motion homepage you could get a framebuffer driver for
the SM501 PCI card. This should work without great modifications for
PPC systems.
On our board (with MPC5200 CPU), we connected the SM501 not over PCI,
but over the local bus. You could find the driver in the
linuxppc_2_4_devel Kernel from the Denx CVS server. Look at: http://www.denx.de/e/index1.php?head=solution-se-head&main=solution-se&subnav=solution-se-subnav&logo=logo-se&mainnav=softwarenav&bottom=bottom-se

Regards,
Martin