USB driver for ISP1362 very slow

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Dec 1 03:24:51 EST 2004

Hello,

in message <04113016200014900 at intec-isdn.de> you wrote:

> I'm using an ISP1362 as an USB host controller connected to a MPC880 running
> under Linux 2.4.25.
> The Driver seems to work fine as I can mount an USB memory stick.
> But the performance is very bad. To copy a 1MByte big file from the USB
> memory stick to the RAM disk takes about 3 minutes.

Are there any error messages in the log files? Did  you  try  another
USB memory stick, especially any USB 2.0 stick?

> Does anyone has experience with the ISP1362 driver in Kernel 2.4.25??

Sure. We implemented it and tested it with mass storage devices,  USB
modems, network adapters and in combination with RNDIS on Windoze.

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"I find this a nice feature but it is not according to  the  documen-
tation. Or is it a BUG?"   "Let's call it an accidental feature. :-)"
                       - Larry Wall in <6909 at jpl-devvax.JPL.NASA.GOV>