MPC880 and ELDK

Sanjeev R sanjeevr at myw.ltindia.com
Fri Apr 23 17:50:34 EST 2004

Thanks for the information. Actually wanted to validate my assumptions and to make it doubly sure that i can look  for support from the list.

Thanks
Sanjeev

In message <s088e797.066 at EMAIL> you wrote:

>  Does  ELDK support  MPC880 arch? (linux distro in it)

The MPC880 is just  another  member  of  the  MPC8xx  family.  It  is
supported by the ppc_8xx packages in the ELDK.

See http://www.denx.de/ELDK.html

> If ELDK doesnt is there any other distro i can go for..?

I think your question is wrong. You don't need a new or special Linux
distribution for each new processor. What you need is  processor  and
board  support in U-Boot and the Linux kernel - but this is obviously
board dependent.

>  Since Uboot supports MPC885 i presume it has to support MPC880, coz except
>  for the extra security module and the SCC they dont differ a lot.

Tey are just like all the other 8xx processors.

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
"Unibus timeout fatal trap program lost sorry"  -  An  error  message
printed by DEC's RSTS operating system for the PDP-11