Unable to boot Linux 2.4.24 on a custom board similar to 8260ADS

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Apr 21 07:39:51 EST 2004

In message <A0CF3E6CD78CD411B369009027B0FCFE04313405 at MIMIR> you wrote:

> My question is how do I make the above corresponding changes above to Linux?

Only the mapping of the IMMR must be identical, and the bd_info structure.

> When I attempt to boot linux it appears to hang in the function
>
>   __delay in entry.S

Did you make sure that clocks_in_mhz is unset in your U-Boot environ-
ment? And did you really make sure that U-Boot and Linux use the SAME
bd_info structure? My guess is your clock frequencies might be wrong.

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Every solution breeds new problems.