Problems of kernel-2.6.4 for mpc8260

최승현 shchoi at airpoint.co.kr
Mon Apr 19 17:57:20 EST 2004

Hi,,,
So so... sorry. I need to your process of module-init-tools-3.0 upgrade in detail.
Unfortunately, when i upgrade module-init-tools-3.0, I have a troble with module insert continuously.
Firstly, my test environment...

1) target : ppc8260 custom board.
2) kernel has compiled with module support
3) using kernel 2.6.5(also 2.6.3, 2.6.4)
4) using modutils 2.4.22
5) ELDK 3.0( cross compiler, NFS)

Following test message....

After booting of kernel 2.6.5..

bash-2.05b# ls
Makefile  Makefile.l  hello.c  hello.ko  hello.mod.c  hello.mod.o  hello.o
==> I  had to compile the modules using the recommended way of 2.6.x
( $(MAKE) -C /kernel_path CROSS_COMPILE=xx_xx SUBDIRS=$(PWD) modules)

bash-2.05b# insmod hello.ko
insmod: QM_MODULES: Function not implemented

bash-2.05b# depmod -V
depmod version 2.4.22
depmod: QM_MODULES: Function not implemented

I got to "module-init-tools-3.0.tar.gz'
After installing, boot process message is...

VFS: Mounted root (nfs filesystem).
Freeing unused kernel memory: 76k init
request_module: runaway loop modprobe binfmt-4c46
request_module: runaway loop modprobe binfmt-4c46
request_module: runaway loop modprobe binfmt-4c46
request_module: runaway loop modprobe binfmt-4c46
request_module: runaway loop modprobe binfmt-4c46

Here stopped.

As you can see above, what's the reason of above error?
Any help would be appreciated.

Call me "Lone".
Thanks,