Question on RTC options (CONFIG_RTC, CONFIG_GEN_RTC, CONFIG_PPC_RTC)

Tolunay Orkun listmember at orkun.us
Wed Apr 7 07:23:26 EST 2004

> GEN_RTC is a generic RTC driver, which offers hooks to the architectures
> to do the hw-specific portions.  This _could_ be made to work with RTCs
> over I2C, but at this time does not.

Can you offer some info/pointers regarding what do I need to implement to
get the generic driver work with my board?

> PPC_RTC is like the above, except it calls the PPC hooks directly, and
> is obsolete (and gone in 2.6).

These hooks are ppc_md.get_rtc_time and ppc_md.set_rtc_time right? I was
thinking of providing these functions in arc/ppc/platforms/csb272.c but if
this driver is obsolete, I would rather use the generic interface above.

Best regards,
Tolunay