Need help booting linux on IBM 405EP eval board

Jeff Tucker jeff at jltnet.com
Mon Apr 5 08:37:03 EST 2004

--On Sunday, April 04, 2004 12:35 PM +0800 Jack Liu <Jack_liu at usish.com>
wrote:

> yes, I guess your prolbem is like what Christian said before. Tye using
> console=ttyS0,9600 to append boot options.

Thanks for the suggestions, guys.

Actually, I had the statement above in my default command line option
compiled into the kernel. I also tried adding it to the "bootargs"
environment variable in U-Boot.

The exact same kernel boots with the IBM bootloader, including serial
console and network access. When I boot using U-Boot, I don't get a console
and there's no apparent network activity from the board.

Jeff

--
Jeff Tucker
jeff at jltnet.com