using bdi2000 to debug ppcboot on mpc7455

Mark A. Greer mgreer at mvista.com
Thu Sep 25 12:33:43 EST 2003

Q-ha Park wrote:

>I'm new to BDI2000, and after reading a manual that came with the tool,
>I tried to debug ppcboot using bdi2000 and gdb. The problem is I just
>can't set the breakpoint whether be it software or hardware breakpoint;
>For example, when I set the break point at "boot_cold" and type
>"continue", the program just runs without ever stopping at the
>breakpoint where it's supposed to stop!

Well, I haven't used the gdb interface with the 745x but I do know that
that with the telnet interface, you have to specify whether you're
setting a breakpoint on a virtual or physical addr (virtual is default,
IIRC).  How you would do this with the gdb interface, I know not but
take a close look at the manual for the 745x--it *is* different from the
7410, etc--and you may find the answer.

Mark