BOOT_TARGET pImage & uImage ???

Tom Rini trini at kernel.crashing.org
Fri Sep 19 04:33:57 EST 2003

On Thu, Sep 18, 2003 at 08:26:54PM +0200, Sam Ravnborg wrote:
> > What I want is three things:
> > 1) The 'mkimage' target must be done in such a fashion that it will
> > never run into a 'cannot execute' problem. My suggestion is to have
> > the Makefile do a:
> > @chmod +x mkimage.sh
> > Or so. In 2.5/2.6, the build system will handle this for you,
> > automagically, on .sh files I believe. For 2.4, you must handle this
> > explicitly.
>
> In 2.6 you need to locate the script in scripts/ and add it to the
> makefile to make this happen. Do not do that.

There's an arguement for putting this in scripts/, and that is that
U-BOOT is not a PPC-specific bootrom anymore, as it looks like you well
know. :)

> Best way IMO is to use:
> $(CONFIG_SHELL) mkimage.sh

Brain, how about this for your patch for 2.4 at least (if we can't
convince Sam to put mkimage.sh into scripts/) :)

--
Tom Rini
http://gate.crashing.org/~trini/