atm8260-1.0.1

w.n. jacobs willy.jacobs at nl.thalesgroup.com
Tue Sep 16 16:23:00 EST 2003

shagitgy at techst02.technion.ac.il writes:

 > Hi
 > I have an mpc8260 board and Linux running on it (I uses Lineo's BSP with kernel
 > 2.4.1). I want to run the atm8260-1.0.1 on my board. My phy is s/uni pm 5350-
 > rc.
 > My question is:
 > Can I use the package from:  https://sourceforge.net/projects/atm8260/ as is?

You can use it. Just unpack the files in arch/ppc/ppc/8260_io.

Add this line to the Makefile in that directory:

obj-$(CONFIG_UTOPIA)	+= mpc8260sar.o mpc8260sar_detect.o intpool.o mpool.o \
			   risctimer.o mm.o cpmtimer.o utopia.o debug.o mpc8260iop.o

and this line to Config.in (same directory):

bool 'CPM FCC ATM/UTOPIA' CONFIG_UTOPIA

For the kernel config file you need to enable at least these options:
CONFIG_ATM=y
CONFIG_UTOPIA=y

PS. Check the #defines in the unpacked files if they are correct for your
situation.

 > How can I use it? should I compile it with the kernel, or can I insert it as a
 > loadable module (I didnt find the module_init() call).

You can't use it as a loadable module, just compile it directly in the kernel.
--
willy