Uart problem on SMC MPC860

Agostino Sette ICN-CNX-RD-SW3 Agostino.Sette at siemens.com
Thu Sep 11 00:20:21 EST 2003

Hello,
I have a card with a MPC860 and I am using one SMCs as console.
After the power-up of the card, I can access to the system and I have
the
boot prompt:
#root/
If I digit the command
#root/ ps -aux
and I recall it very fast with up arrow, the console hangs very quicly,
I mean no characters are
seen on the console if I press any key..
If I do a telnet on the card, everything work well except the console.
I see the same problem also with the command
ls -la
The only way to hove the console working is to reset the card.
Do you have some suggestion regarding this problem?

Thanks

Agostino Sette                E-mail:Agostino.Sette at siemens.com