MPC8245 supported in Linux kernel (devel tree from DENX)?

Hubert Figuiere hub-linux-ppc at trantor.staff.proxad.net
Wed Sep 10 17:30:11 EST 2003

On Wed, 2003-09-10 at 03:04, xiaogeng_jin at agilent.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is MPC8245 supported in the linux kernel downloaded from the devel tree of DENX? I only found six types of processors supported by default, which are 6xx/7xx/74xx/8260, 40x, 440, POWER3, 8xx, and iSeries. If yes, which type shall I select? If not, is there anybody going to support this? U-Boot seems to support this by 824x.

MPC8245 is a basically a 603e core with some embedded controllers. There
is AFAIK support for it in the kernel (at least the mvista brand) and
for the MPC8240. Specific stuff is in mpc10x_common.c
Select 6xx CPU type.

Hub
--
Hubert Figuière - Freebox SA. - +33 1 73 50 2 563
AIM/Yahoo!: hfiguiere, ICQ: 307453487