virt_to_phys() on 440

Matt Porter mporter at kernel.crashing.org
Tue Sep 9 09:26:29 EST 2003

On Mon, Sep 08, 2003 at 03:36:49PM -0700, Brian Kuschak wrote:

> > These APIs are valid only for
> > system
> > memory kernel addresses that are staticly mapped.
> >
> > Anything wanting a generic translation from
> > virt->phys should
> > call iopa() directly until somebody drives a generic
> > translation
> > API into the kernel.
>
> Thanks, I missed that.

BTW, it was pointed out to me that the changesets I made to linux-2.4
to merge the 2.6 virt_to_* method have been merged back into current
linuxppc-2.4 and linuxppc_2_4_devel.

So, all current devel trees have the API correct implementation now.

Now somebody needs to create a nice device-to-device DMA and bus
address translation API. :)

-Matt