DINK32 R13.1 on Sandpoint X2

Mark A. Greer mgreer at mvista.com
Fri Sep 5 06:47:46 EST 2003

We have an 8139 and have successfully downloaded and run a kernel with
DINK version 13.1.1.  I didn't do it but the instructions sent from the
person who did are:

    To download via the network, DINK uses fixed IP
    address and Realtek8139 NIC. The steps are:

    1. do "ppr" verify NIC card has been identified vendor/device ID as
    10EC/8139
    2. do "env IO=COM1:9600 at 100, Then "reset".
    3. do "ni -i " to set up your network parameters.  For example:

     DINK32[MPC7457] {1} >>ni
     NETWORK INFORMATION
       PCI CARD
         Type 8139/10EC on slot 16

       SETTINGS
         SERVER(TFTP) : 192.168.  1.  1
         GATEWAY      : 192.168.  1.  1
         NETMASK      : 255.255.255.  0
         DHCP         : 192.168.  1.  1
         CLIENT(DINK) : 192.168.  1.  7

       DHCP: Disabled
       SESSION TIMEOUT: Never

    4. set up you tftp server at host side
    5. The download command is "dl -nw -b -o800000 -fzImage.sandpoint"
    6. "go 810000"

You can change IP addr, image name, to fit your setup.

As far as differences in the X2 vs. X3, yes there are important
differences.  Does DINK v13.1.1 run successfully & download via the
network successfully on an X2?  I don't know, you'll have to figure that
out for yourself or talk to Motorola.

Mark