IBM Redwood-5 and ATA-6 HD - DMA

Christos Pasalidis cpas at intracom.gr
Thu Oct 30 22:14:30 EST 2003

Hi

I have a Redwood-5 evaluation board from IBM. I have tried to use several
ATA-6 HDs (Hitachi IC25N020ATMR04 and HTS548020M9AT00, Western Digital
WD800JB) in (any) DMA mode and none of them works. They only work in PIO
mode.

I dont have such problem with the ATA-5 and ATA-4 HDs I tried.

Does any one have similar experience ? Does anyone have used succesfully
ATA-6 HD in any non-PIO mode on the Redwood-5 ?

Thanks in advance,
Christos

 Christos Pasalidis, MSc
 Software Engineer

 INTRACOM S.A.
 Hellenic Telecommunications & Electronics Industry
 New Technologies Dept.
 Embedded Systems Group
 P.O. Box 68, 19.5 km Markopoulo Ave.
 190 02 Peania, Athens, GREECE