mpc8245

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Oct 21 01:01:48 EST 2003

In message <200310200747.CAA19250 at lists.linuxppc.org> you wrote:

> I am working on mpc8245 based board. I have compiled the ppcboot with 64MB
> ram and its working fine and linux is ported successfully.
> But when I have configured the RAM to 182MB in ppcboot, I am getting the boot
> prompt and while loading linux its crashing . What can be the reason?

Your RAM initialization sequence is broken.

Also, 182 MB of RAM is a _very_ strange size.

Also, PPCBoot is a dead project. You shouls not use  it  for  current
work. You should rather switch to U-Boot instead.

And finally, all this is off toopic on  this  list,  and  you  should
rather post to U-Boot-Users.

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
"A witty saying proves nothing."                           - Voltaire