BDI2000 Jtag interface questions...

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Oct 14 19:23:24 EST 2003

Dear David,

in message <200310141057.00186.david.jander at protonic.nl> you wrote:

> I have heared that the BDI2000 is a must-have debugger for Embedded-PPC
> development (we are developing a MPC852T based board).
> Questions:
> What can you do with the BDI2000 as a Jtag interface for the MPC852T?

MPC8xx processors use a BDM interface. The BDI2000 attaches  to  this
BDM port.

> Is it possible (i.e. is there software) to use the BDI2000 as a Jtag interface
> for that processor to also do hardware testing?

This depends on what you mean by "hardware testing".  Of  course  you
can  use  the  BDM interface - for example - to download and run some
test programs to test your hardware. But BDM is all you get.

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
We are drowning in information but starved for knowledge.
                                         -- John Naisbitt, Megatrends