Walnut PCI bridge can't be detected

Jacky Lam jackylam at astri.org
Mon Oct 13 16:33:51 EST 2003

> Also, according to the log you posted bus enumeration was successful and
> your device (es1371) was found. So I don't think you have a problem with a
> bridge.
>
> FYI, bridge is not responsible for delivering IRQs from your card. IRQ
> lines from the PCI slots are directly wired to the UIC (see
> walnut::ppc405_map_irq for actual mapping).

    Yes, I know. Let me clarify my question again...Sorry for my blur
question.
    What I mean is:
        Will there some miss configuration of bridge which will affect the
behavior of PCI cards/slots?

> According to your log you have inserted card into the PCI slot 1, is this
> correct ?
>
> If you still suspect that you have bridge problem, just insert some other
> PCI card which is know to be supported by PPC kernel and see...

    Yes. Is there a list of popular PCI cards which are supported by PPC
kernel directly without need of any modifications?

    Thanks.

Regards,
Jacky