Problem debugging ppc kernel with DDD/GDB/BDI2000 on a custom MPC8260 board

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Oct 10 02:18:34 EST 2003

Dear Joao,

in message <DEF39A0710293E489D45B10E06645CBD0243B1E7 at dub-msx1.spectelcorp.com> you wrote:

> I am affraid I am still unable to debug the kernel.

Just to be sure: did you add "-g" to  your  CFLAGS_KERNEL  definition
(in the toplevel Makefile) ?

> I am not unsure if this is relevant but this is the method I am using to
> build the kernel
>
> make TQM8260_config

Don't use TQM8260_config unless you either have a  TQM8260  board  or
you know _exactly_ what you're doing.

> make menuconfig (where I am changing FCC, MDIO and SCC parameters only)

Which means your kernel will  not  work  unless  you  really  have  a
TQM8260 board.

> make oldconfig
> make dep
> make uImage

This looks ok to me.

> VECTOR      CATCH       ;catch unhandled exceptions

Did you try out nocatch as recommended earlier?

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
I've already got a female to worry about. Her name is the Enterprise.
	-- Kirk, "The Corbomite Maneuver", stardate 1514.0