kernel parameters , getty & serial baud rate

Karoliya, Abhishek Abhishek.Karoliya at fci.com
Sun Oct 5 22:27:40 EST 2003

Hi,

     I am using 2.4 Linux on a PPC 7447 based board which uses a terminal
through the serial port.
In my firmware , I can change the baudrate for serial port and this new
baudrate is than communicated to Linux using kernel parameters. But in the
inittab , when getty is run on the serial port it needs the value for
baudrate which is given along with it or in the configuration file of getty.

T0:23:respawn:/sbin/getty -L ttyS0 9600 vt100
T1:23:respawn:/sbin/getty -L ttyS1 9600 vt100

 The board uses a compressed ramdisk image from where it extracts its root
file system.
My problem is how can I configure the inittab to use the value passed down
from the firmware through kernel parameters instead of a hardcode value.

Thanks a million
Abhishek