Cross compiling : problem linking

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Oct 3 07:26:40 EST 2003

Dear Stephane,

in message <2C1BAF8F8E1DD611862B0002A5D4C3FC01BC068F at renexch3.rennes.thmulti.com> you wrote:

> Wolfgang, you've got my agreement to put the following in the FAQ
> if it's not already.

AFAIK it's not.

> This code is for accessing hardware registers from *userland*.
> You need CAP_SYS_RAWIO and /dev/mem permissions.

Thanks!

Or do you want to add it yourself? All you have to do is  registering
at  http://www.denx.de/twiki/bin/view/TWiki/TWikiRegistration ...

Then you can edit / add to the U-Boot and Linux Guide at
http://www.denx.de/twiki/bin/view/DULG/WebHome yourself...

Hint: _anybody_ is welcome to contribute.

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Never worry about theory as long as  the  machinery  does  what  it's
supposed to do.                                      - R. A. Heinlein