Cross compiling : problem linking

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Oct 2 23:35:24 EST 2003

In message <1065099415.10206.5.camel at toni> you wrote:

> I try to cross compile a small test program for the EP505 board. I use
> ELDK as compiler set.
>
> When using this compile command:
>
> ppc_4xx-gcc -O -v -nostdlib -nostartfiles -mno-eabi -fno-exceptions \
> -fno-builtin -Wl,-Tscript.ld,-N -o rt_mod rt_mod.c

Well, I guess you know what you are  douing  here,  i.  e.  what  the
linker options mean?

I wonder where you got this command line from...

> I get after a while:
>
> /opt/eldk/usr/ppc-linux/bin/ld: cannot open linker script file \
> script.ld: Onbekend bestand of map
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>
> I don't know what is wrong, but 'script.ld' isn't anywhere on my system.

Well, if you don't have such a linker script, why do  you  then  tell
the linker to use it?

> PS: the program currently should make a square wave on EBC P1 D1

In which sort of environment? As standalone program? As Linux  kernel
module? As Linux user-land application? Or what?

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Uncertain fortune is thoroughly mastered by the equity of the  calcu-
lation.                                               - Blaise Pascal