Hotplug for two CF cards

Graf Alex alex.graf at siemens.com
Wed Oct 1 21:48:36 EST 2003

I'm working with a MPC855 Board from TQ Systems.
On this processor are two PCMCIA slots supported.

I have modified the u-boot for two slots static IDE support. And on Linux
too. This works fine. On Linux I wan't hotplug support. I've modified
m8xx_pcmcia.c for two socket pcmcia-cs support. With cardctl I can query the
cards. cardmgr loads too the right module I wan't: ide-cs.c BUT:

I can only use the slots EXOR! If I insert a second card, the first is
unloaded and new registered. This don't surprise me. Both cards are mapped
to the same io ports.
->ide0 at 0x100-0x107,0x10e on irq 7

>From where are the f... 0x100-0c107,0x10e? Yes, the ranges are in
/etc/pcmcia/config.opts defined. But why cardmgr takes not an other range
for the second insertet card?
Do I need another io_block_mapping for the second slot?
Or shoud I overwrite the ports in m8xx_ide_init_hwif_ports? (I think this
could not be the solution)

Thanks in advance

Alex Graf