u-boot on mbx860

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Oct 1 07:46:49 EST 2003

Dear Amit,

in message <AD2F581BD7340A4C908AF1AFB066EA3B0E4831 at ntah901e.savan.com> you wrote:

> I have compiled u-boot for mbx860, created uImage (using the sources from
> denx site) but have
> a problem when I try to run the uImge on the board, follows what I get:
> => bootm 0x20000
> ## Booting image at 00020000 ...
>    Image Name:   Linux-2.4.20
>    Image Type:   PowerPC Linux Kernel Image (gzip compressed)
>    Data Size:    842305 Bytes = 822.6 kB

Compressed size is 800+ kB, so uncompressed size will be around 2+ MB.

>    Load Address: 00000000
>    Entry Point:  00000000
>    Verifying Checksum ... OK
>    Uncompressing Kernel Image ... Error: inflate() returned -3

You load the image at 0x20000 = 128 kB. It will overwrite itself when
it starts to uncompress and load the kernel.

Use a higher download address, like 0x200000.

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
"We don't have to protect the environment -- the Second Coming is  at
hand."                                                   - James Watt