Status of MPC5200 ?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Nov 29 10:20:28 EST 2003

Dear Jón,

in message <OFFB274551.99B122D0-ON00256DEC.005F8786-00256DEC.00633DBE at marel.is> you wrote:

> This topic was raised some time ago, but what is the current status of
> MPC5200 with regards to stability/maturity of kernel
> and peripheral support, CAN etc.

The kernek in general is pretty stable. There are  some  areas  where
work needs to be done and is being done (like IDE DMA support).

We have things like CAN driver, RTAI, etc. working, too.

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
"There are some good people in it, but the orchestra as  a  whole  is
equivalent to a gang bent on destruction."      - John Cage, composer