mpc / linux kernel - user space

Juergen Oberhofer e9826367 at student.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Nov 28 03:07:25 EST 2003

Hi,

I have a module and an application program in user space:

The Module performs the following task: at init it initializes the cpm
timer register of the mpc823,
such that an interrupt is generated every x microseconds. Thus, I
installed an interrupt handling function f that handles the timer
interrupts.

My problem is that the module / the interrupt handling function should
execute a procedure defined in the application program. How can I pass a
pointer (which points to that function) from the appl.program to the
module, such that the handler can execute this function every x
milliseconds? I thought to create a procedure in the module that accepts
a function pointer as argument. But how can I achieve, that this module
procedure is visible to the application program? Does somebody have a
suggestion or know another way to do it?

Regards,
Juergen