ppc405 floating point emulation

Jon Masters jonathan at jonmasters.org
Thu Nov 27 02:18:00 EST 2003

Wolfgang Denk wrote:

> Library support (i. e. using "-msoftfloat") works fine.

Yes good. I had thought it would be fine to use that.

> Kernel emulation is available, but makes little sense to use as it is
> awfully slow.

The problem I have with this kernel is that floating point emulated
instructions which perform stores seem to be falling over. There is
a bug in the fault handling code for stock 2.4.21 that I am using it
would seem but am looking at whether it is worth fixing it.

By all accounts I might as well just use the floating point emulation in
libc but am still interested in enlightened feedback.

Cheers,

Jon.