MCF5200 Dev Environment

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Nov 24 21:24:28 EST 2003

In message <001501c3b26d$459555e0$0d01a8c0 at IAN> you wrote:

> What GNU tools are available for the Motorola MCF5200 PowerPC processor.

We use the ppc_82xx packages of our ELDK which is available for free download.

Sure. See http://www.denx.de/twiki/bin/view/DULG/ELDK for details.

> What tools exist for programming/debugging a board without dBug preloaded into flash ?

BDI2000.

> P.S. I want to avoid paying £5000 for a dev kit with Code Warrior or Green Hills or similar.
> Thanks for any pointers in the right direction  ;-)

If you are going to do any serious work (kernel / driver development)
you will want a BDI2000 rather sooner than later anyway ;-)

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Until you walk a mile in another man's moccasins, you  can't  imagine
the smell.