Preemptive Kernel and MPC8xx ???

Jaap-Jan Boor jjboor at aimsys.nl
Mon Nov 24 20:46:43 EST 2003

On Mon, 2003-11-24 at 09:01, Steven Scholz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> >> is somebody actually using the preemptive kernel patches ...
> >>
> > Yes I do on 2.4.20 and 2.4.22 from kernel.org. So far all seems
> > to work but didn't do any measurements on it.
> So you're using vanilla 2.4.22 on your MPC8xx board!?

yes, am I stupid?

Currently I use smc uart, scc ethernet and a modified
cpm_spi driver (from the great Denx) with interrupt handling,
my 850 board boots ok from nfsroot

> > (I both use the preempt and low-latency patches)
> Sound interessting.
> Could you please give me a link to find the mentioned "low-latency patches".

it comes from Andrew Morton's page
http://www.zip.com.au/~akpm/linux/schedlat.html

I you have to enable this by hand in arch/ppc/config.in (look at
arch/i386/config.in) with

bool 'Low latency scheduling' CONFIG_LOLAT
dep_bool 'Control low latency with sysctl' CONFIG_LOLAT_SYSCTL
$CONFIG_LOLAT