PPCBug, PrPMC800 and bootargs

Ashwin Bihari raz0redge at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 22 08:31:18 EST 2003

Greetings,

I'm trying to get bootargs working with my Kernel such that I can change the
root device on the fly from the firmware. I'm using PPC7-Bug and GEVEDIT to
set the bootargs up.

I can see that bootargs gets set within the firmware, after some digging
around in the Linux Kenrel I see that it is never being checked/read. I see
there are some patches for VME, any such thing for the PrPMC800??

I'm using 2.4.23-pre8 off the Linuxppc_2.4_devel branch.

Regards

~Ashwin

Gift-shop online from the comfort of home at MSN Shopping!  No crowds, free
parking.  http://shopping.msn.com