MTD and Intel rev J Strata Flash

ghannon at cspi.com ghannon at cspi.com
Fri Nov 21 01:36:30 EST 2003

Hi,

I'm assuming the linux-mtd list has long since vanished.

I'm working with a rev J strata flash part.

It has the "feature" that it's lock-bits can be set individually,
but are cleared colllectively.    I have made a 3 partition system
where I mainly want two partitions locked except when I am updating
them, and the third one unlocked always.

Has any effort  been put into the MTD layer to take into account that
an unlock clears all the bits and some should be put back on.
I didn't see anything like that in the code.

I will put the functionality into my tools if it is not in a lower layer
already.

Thanks,

Gary Hannon
CSPI