RAMDISK problem

VanBaren, Gerald (AGRE) Gerald.VanBaren at smiths-aerospace.com
Thu Nov 20 06:49:16 EST 2003

Dumb questions:
* What memory address is it writing to on the 37th write when it crashes?
* Can you read and write that memory from the command line?
* If you zero the memory before doing the load, what is in that memory area
  a) Before it crashes (set a breakpoint after say 30 writes)
  b) After it crashes?
* Is the memory area close to a power-of-two address -- could you
    have a memory map problem where you think you have x Kbytes but
    the hardware/MMU is only properly decoding x/2 Kbytes or x/4 Kbytes?

Given the repeatability, this sounds like a hardware problem or a software configuration problem (loading over top of important information like the stack or the currently executing program or off the end of real memory, off the end of the memory that is validly mapped via the BATs, etc.).

gvb