MPC855T SMC1 2.4.22 Kernel Patch

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Nov 18 07:57:31 EST 2003

In message <20031117204051.9515.qmail at web41407.mail.yahoo.com> you wrote:

>    I am currently running ELDK 2.1.0 with the 2.4.4
> kernel, and am in the process of upgrading to the
> 2.4.22 kernel.  I have the new kernel compiled but
> after it uncompresses the kernel, nothing else is
> printed to the screen.  I read on the board that there
> is a kernel patch to enable the console on SMC1.  Does

Console on SMC1 is standard. About 99% of all boards use it. No patch needed.

Did you change your boot loader to pass the clock frequencies in Hz?
See http://www.denx.de/twiki/bin/view/DULG/LinuxHangsAfterUncompressingKernel

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
"The question of whether a computer can think is no more  interesting
than the question of whether a submarine can swim"
                                                - Edsgar W.  Dijkstra