SDRAM mirroring problem

VanBaren, Gerald (AGRE) Gerald.VanBaren at smiths-aerospace.com
Tue Nov 18 04:25:36 EST 2003

Well, an uninformed response may be better than no response???  Here goes...

I don't understand how your hardware is set up.

a) Are you connecting the two 64Mbyte chips in parallel as a 32 bit
wide data bus (this is implied by your use of one chip select). This is
contradicted by your statement "My problem is that when i write some
word in first RAM chip is mirrored in the other RAM chip.And Effectivly
i m able to use only 64 MB of RAM." which implies that the two chips are
expected to be sequential in memory address space.

b) If you are connecting the two chips up sequentially as 64MB by 16
bits wide on the data bus, you need separate chip selects with the first
one providing the first 64MBytes of decoded address space and the second
one the second 64MBytes.

Cheap ASCII art:

a) +----+----++----+----+ 00000000
   |byt0|byt1||byt2|byt3|