RAMDISK problem

Jean-Denis Boyer jdboyer at m5t.com
Thu Nov 13 08:01:43 EST 2003

A silly question but...
Why does U-boot report a ramdisk size of about 555kB,
while the original from Denx's ftp server has a size of 1.33MB ?

Is it possible that the kernel runs out of data while booting ?
Or may be you just strip the ramdisk image?
If so, what is the expected size once it is uncompressed?
Would it be advisable to increase the CONFIG_BLK_DEV_RAM_SIZE?

Regards,

 Jean-Denis Boyer, Eng.
 M5T Centre d'Excellence en Télécom Inc.
 4283 Garlock Street
 Sherbrooke (Québec)
 J1L 2C8  CANADA
 (819)829-3972 x241

[...]
> ## Checking Image at 03000000 ...
>    Image Name:   Simple Ramdisk-Image
>    Image Type:   PowerPC Linux RAMDisk Image (gzip compressed)
>    Data Size:    567988 Bytes = 554.7 kB
>    Load Address: 00000000
>    Entry Point:  00000000
>    Verifying Checksum ... OK
> ## Booting image at 00100000 ...
>    Image Name:   Linux-2.4.20
>    Image Type:   PowerPC Linux Kernel Image (gzip compressed)
>    Data Size:    595016 Bytes = 581.1 kB
>    Load Address: 00000000
>    Entry Point:  00000000
>    Verifying Checksum ... OK