ELDK based on YDL 3.0?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Nov 13 06:41:28 EST 2003

Dear Jeff,

in message <20031112183224.7655.qmail at web41401.mail.yahoo.com> you wrote:

> I am getting ready to build a filesystem based on the
> YellowDog Linux 3.0 release.  However, when I
> downloaded the build environment from www.denx.de, I
> notice that the ELDK_BUILD script already points to
> the 3.0 SRPMS.  Does that mean that there will be an
> ELDK release based on YDL 3.0 soon?  If so, what

This is correct. We are working on it. It should have been  ready  at
least  3  weeks  ago, but we're still fixing problems. If you want to
use the stable version 2.1.1 instead you  can  find  in  on  the  CVS
server tagged as ELDK_2_1_1

> kernel version will it use?

2.4.20 probably. Maybe something later - since we are so late  anyway
we  might  as  well  wait and use a kernel that supports the MPC5200,
too.

Why are you asking? Do you need some special version?

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
All he had was nothing, but that was something, and now it  had  been
taken away.                             - Terry Pratchett, _Sourcery_