Linux boot args with PReP image

Ashwin Bihari raz0redge at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 1 08:38:47 EST 2003

It turns out that the command line to change the boot args is indeed already
working, I just didn't think I could change it when it showed up on the
screen. I was shown my mistake, so this is taken care of. Thanks for the
prompt replies.

Regards

~Ashwin

>From: "Ashwin Bihari" <raz0redge at hotmail.com>
>To: linuxppc-embedded at lists.linuxppc.org
>Subject: Linux boot args with PReP image
>Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 13:28:49 -0500
>

>Greetings,
>
>I'm using a PrPMC800 with Motorola's PPC7-BUG> to boot Linux. I've got a
>working kernel and everything works fine. I've used the default boot args
>of: console=ttys0,9600 console=tty0 root=/dev/hde2 noinitrd.
>
>This, of course, means that if we decide to change the location of root, or
>more appropriately decide to have two separate roots between which we would
>have switch back and forth, I'll have to recompile the kernel with the new
>string and then put that onto the PReP partition.
>
>What I would ideally like to do is have a Linux: prompt appear after I boot
>into the PReP partition to allow me to have a default string and then
>change
>it if I decided to chagne root on the fly..
>
>Has anyone done anything similar or have any tips for me?
>
>Regards,
>
>~Ashwin Bihari

Cheer a special someone with a fun Halloween eCard from American Greetings!
Go to  http://www.msn.americangreetings.com/index_msn.pd?source=msne134