getting Linux working on IBM Walnut demo board

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri May 30 06:26:13 EST 2003

In message <5.1.1.6.2.20030529131257.01276478 at corelis.com> you wrote:

> I need more help!
> Some time, when u-Boot is trying to download the linux kernel image over

I recommend to send such messages to the u-boot-users  mailing  list.
They are off topic here.

> Also, I was wondering if it's possible to make u-boot image that will work
> with 256KB of ram/flash.

You mean your board has just 256 kB RAM? Really??

Well, the U-Boot image can be made to fit easily in 128 kB  or  less;
you  will have to configure for a smaller malloc area. The U-Boot can
probably run in 256 kB RAM - but what for?  There  will  not  be  any
memory left for U-Boot's main purpose: to load an OS.

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
"Obviously, a major malfunction has occurred."
              -- Steve Nesbitt, voice of Mission Control, January 28,
                 1986, as the shuttle Challenger exploded within view
                 of the grandstands.