Embedded Linux Reality?

None Atall linux_meis at yahoo.com
Thu May 29 16:07:15 EST 2003

  Hello everybody,
A few days before, I needed a driver that was
not on the kernel source. I searched the list and
found people that have written the driver and claimed
that this "would" be Open Source.
 So I asked these people for a draft. Well, no
reply...
I personally understand people that dont want to give
drivers. Most of them are working on companies
and due to IPR they can't do anything about it. I
myself had the same problem with the mpc8260 atm
driver! So I understand if people can't give the
source.
  But I really don't understand why they sould claim
that the code would be open source? Is it because
they want our/your help? This is not the first time
that this is happening! Everything is OK but do
NOT claim that your  code is OPEN SOURCE!
  I would like to thank everybody in this list that
has really contributed to the embedded open source,
and I would really like to thank mr Alex Zeffertt for
his mpc860 atm driver, (since this driver is simply by
base for every other driver that I have made!) and
also I would like to thank mr Ing.Gianfranco Morandi
for helping me with all my questions!

                            C ya
                              Dimitris.

=====
-Dhmhtrios Meidanis
-Degree in Mathematics, University of the Aegean.
-Master in Computer Architecture and Digital
 Systems, University of Crete.
 Greece.

http://calendar.yahoo.com